If you currently live in India and are looking to invest in reAlpha, we have good news for you. We’ve put together this blog post detailing exactly how to invest in reAlpha from India—complete with all of the steps you need to take in order to transfer your funds successfully.
First, here is a rough overview of the steps you will need to take to complete the investment process:
- Sign the subscriber agreement on the Dealmaker portal under “Global Investors.”
- Select “wire transfer” as the payment method.
- Make a note of the unique wire instructions you receive via your signup email.
- Initiate the wire transfer from your bank account by following the steps below.
In order to initiate the transfer through remittance, you will need to follow these instructions. (Please note that this will be a capital account transaction.)
- Log into your bank account.
- Click on “pay and transfer” or “payments.”
- Choose the account from which you want to pay.
- Select “international beneficiary account” or “add beneficiary.” Please note that you must fill in the full address of the beneficiary.
- Type in the amount you would like to invest in USD. (You can find a helpful currency converter here.) Please note, the minimum investment amount is $1,000 USD.
- Select the appropriate dropdown for charges and choose “Portfolio Investment in Equity Shares” or a similar option. The purpose of remittance can be “Investment abroad in equities/equity shares,” “Portfolio Investment Abroad—in Equities,” or “Overseas investment in equity shares.”
- Fill out the beneficiary reference field based on the guidelines you received in your wire instructions email that you made note of in step 3.
- Read and accept the declaration. Click continue.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Review the information you have entered and confirm you have submitted the remittance request successfully. Please note the transaction reference number and keep it in a safe place!
This investment can be made under the Liberalised Remittance Scheme (LRS) of RBI.
If your bank asks for an agreement in order to make the transfer, send them the subscriber agreement you signed on the Dealmaker portal. Wire transfers from India will come as SWIFT payments. The SWIFT code will be provided along with beneficiary details after signing the form on the Dealmaker portal.
Please note, you need to provide your Permanent Account Number (PAN) for all transactions under RBI’s Liberalised Remittance Scheme.
We are so excited to have you as a shareholder, and cannot wait for you to get in on the ground floor of our innovative startup.
Please leave a comment down below with any questions you may have, and feel free to reach out for support using the chat feature on our website!